Making the Chile Colorado with homemade enchilada sauce based on http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/enchilada-sauce-31811
Chile Colorado Burritos from http://www.momsavesmoney.net/2014/01/recipe-chile-colorado-burritos.html
2 (ish) pounds stew meat
1 large can mild enchilada sauce (19 oz.) (or about 2.5 cups if you make your own sauce)
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 can refried beans (optional)
10-12 flour tortillas
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or Colby Jack)
1. Put beef, bouillon, and enchilada sauce into a crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is very tender.
2. When beef is done, heat up refried beans in the microwave.
3. On each tortilla, spoon out some refried beans (if using) – just a few tablespoons or so.
4. Use a slotted spoon to put some of the meat on the tortilla on top of the beans.
5. Roll into a burrito.
6. Stick them in a casserole dish. I find that 1 9×13 pan or 2 9×9 pans work great.
7. Once all the burritos are rolled and in the pans, pour the remaining enchiladas sauce on top.
8. Cover with cheese.
9. When ready to bake, bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.